Monday, June 21, 2010

Pistachio pudding cupcakes


The night before father's day I made these wonderful little guys to have with all the father's day indulgence.  After successfully making candied bacon for my husband, and ending up making my famous pancakes (due to not finding an economical waffle iron in time for father's day) at the end of the day these were a great sweet treat to end with.

So what I did was look up different recipes for cupcakes containing my husband's beloved pistachio pudding, which I actually don't like but this is his day after all.  After finding them all too complicated I decided to wing it, and it turned out to be moist, tasty cupcakes that even a pistachio hater like myself could thoroughly enjoy.

Pistachio Pudding Cupcakes
(or cake if you want...)

Ingredients:

1 white cake mix, I used the package of Added Touch white cake
1 package of Jello instant pistachio pudding (would probably work with lemon, banana or any pudding)
1/4 teaspoon of almond extract (pure is best)
green food colouring.  ( i used the directions for neon green on my neon food colour box)
eggs, water and oil as the recipe for the cake calls for. 

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees or the temperature specified by the cake mix.  Mix the cake mix in a bowl with the pistachio pudding powder.  Add your almond extract and food colouring to the oil and mix all your ingredients together with a hand mixer (or whatever mixing tool you may use)  *Note:  it will be thicker to beat then normal cake mix because of the pudding, just ignore that part.  Pour into lined cupcake pans, or pans that have been greased and dusted with flour and bake as directed to a golden brown colour.


  Cool completely, on wire racks if you can.  Remember the rack in your toaster oven?  It doubles perfectly as a free substitute for a wire cooling rack.  Don't sweat it if you don't have a rack, it just takes a little longer and your bottoms may be a little ... softer, but no harm done.  
 
I frosted with that amazing buttercream frosting recipe I found, and just coloured it green instead. 

I will say that they were some of the most moist cupcakes I have ever had.  I would make them again, and they were easy, I like easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment