Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Candied Bacon (Father's day idea)



Would probably go great on top of the Ultimate pumpkin waffles .

I spied this recipe in Canadian Family magazine and thought about the meat-ivore in my life, my loving husband.  I don't eat bacon, but I can already hear the drool forming in the corners of the mouths of most meat-loving men, and probably the women too, over this interesting treat for a special breakfast.

Ingredients:

12 slices of bacon
1/4 cup of brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.  Place bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet with edges (like a jelly roll pan)  Sprinkle a spoonful of sugar over each strip of bacon and press it so that it adheres to the entire slice.  Bake for 13 - 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp and mahogany-coloured.  Watch carefully in the last few minutes because bacon can go from underdone to overdone very quickly.

There you go.  Bacon lovers rejoice.  Non-bacon lovers like myself be happy for the happiness of the bacon recievers, shake it off and go look up a tasty falafel recipe... mmmm, falafel... maybe later...

No comments:

Post a Comment