Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chicken Meatballs

 
Chicken Meatballs

Yes, chicken meatballs.  I do not eat beef, and choose not to feed my baby boy soy meatballs (my favorite Oh! Naturel frozen ones) due to soy not being so great for growing boys and their hormone balance... and this recipe turned out better than I could have hoped for.  I only think I will change the size of the meatballs, because I want to be bombarded with tonnes of tiny balls instead of a few honkin' sized chews.

Ingredients

  • 1 lb ground chicken
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I used southern fried chicken coating aka fake shake & bake)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced or a teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons fresh oregano (or the equivalent dried)
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (I omit salt... its up to you)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

  1. Place ground chicken,egg,1/2 cup Parmesan,bread crumbs, garlic,oregano and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium bowl.
  2. Knead mixture together with hand till evenly combined.
  3. Form mixture into 1-inch balls.  (I think I will make mini meatballs next time though, they are one big chunk of ball)
  4. In large non-stick skillet, warm olive oil over high heat.
  5.  Place meatballs in pan,up to 8 at a time,and cook until all sides are browned,approximately 8 minutes for each meatball.
  6. Remove with slotted spoon,and add to your favorite spaghetti sauce.
     Secondary cooking method:  I chose to bake the meatballs on a cookie sheet, at 400 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes, then added them to my spaghetti sauce.   If you cook them 5 - 10 more minutes they would probably be easily frozen to pop into recipes as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment