Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
I tried this as my last Christmas cheesecake (the year before that was eggnog cheesecake, yum) and I fell in love with the pumpkin cheesecake. I already could eat pumpkin pie every month of the year, and now if I wasn't so lazy I know I would be gorging on this beauty more often.
- 3 (250 g) packages PHILADELPHIA Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- about 1 teaspoon or so of pumpkin pie spice
- a dash or two of cinnamon and nutmeg if you fancy
Original recipe found at: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/philadelphia-pumpkin-swirl-cheesecake/Detail.aspx
- Combine cookie crumbs,spice and butter. Press onto bottom of 9 inch springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before filling, or bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack before filling.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Remove 1 cup plain batter; place in small bowl.
- Stir remaining 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin and spices into remaining batter. Spoon pumpkin batter into crust; top with spoonfuls of reserved plain batter. Cut through batters with knife several times for marble effect.
- Bake 45 minutes or until centre is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cut into 12 slices. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Cheesecake tips can be found at this link (there are a lot and it does help to read them)
water baths and pre-whipping already room temperature cheese can save your cheesecake :)