Monday, June 7, 2010

GM foods... where science and stupid meet



I found this article a while ago which explains about genetically modified foods, and how although it sounds like smart people weilding powerful knowledge to make things better, you find out that making these crops is more of a frankenstein experiment in trial and error. 

I found the topic to be thought-provoking to be sure, and if you are curious about knowing more concerning your food and what GM actually means for your food, then click the link bellow and read this.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/04/03/jeffrey-smith-interview.aspx

This is more in the states then up here in Canada, where we don't have hormone ladden cow's milk and such, but since we get a lot of our products from the states, we should still be informed.

As I read it, I thought about how it could even be too late now to turn back from this badly broken road we are on with GM food, and how it could just be a little problem, or the end of all things?  I guess time will tell, but I will say, I have lost a lot of respect for the scientists that think kludging together pesticides with food was a good idea in the first place.

You can also read more about this here:


http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2007/09/the-great-genet.html#more
 
they have funny pictures and are very intelligent about the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment