Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Crock pot chicken stew

Creamy and random, it worked out well.  Here's what I did:

Ingredients:

2 cans mushroom soup
1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash
1 tablespoon mixture of parsley, garlic powder and some red pepper spice I had in the cupboard
2 cups chopped celery
1-2 cups chopped carrots (I used what was left in the carrot bag, no measuring to be sure)
1 cup pearl onions (so my husband could pick them out easily later, you can just chop one med. onion)
1 can of mushrooms or about 10 fresh white mushrooms cut in half
1 sweet potato or 2 med regular potatoes (I made the recipe twice, using each in different batches, next time I plan to use both kinds together)
2-3 skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks (or with my knives, more like hacked and pulled into chunks)

Put soup and spice into a bowl and mix.  Spray your crock pot with a bit of cooking spray, any kind, but I used olive oil cooking spray by Pam.  Chop and place veggies into the crock pot.  Chop the chicken and place into the soup mix.  Mix well, let sit for a bit while you clean up half-heartedly, then add mixture to crock pot and mix with vegetables.  Set for 7-8 hours on low, or 4-5 hours on high, or adjust based on how your crock pot works best.  If using a smaller crock pot you should adjust your ingredients so that it only goes about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way filling the unit, for best cooking.  Now you can goof off for that time, come back and have dinner ready to go.  Easy is always my kind of meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment