Monday, February 28, 2011

Microwave Chocolate Cake In a Mug

I know, there are a million of these recipes floating around the internet at this very moment... but this is the one I actually use and find works for me.  It has been tweaked so much, and is a jumble of so many posts I have seen I can not give credit to any one individual.  I am sure someone out there has came to the same or similar conclusions for their recipe... but this is where I will present my 'findings'  and I apologize if it is the same as anyone else's out there. 



Chocolate Cake in a Mug

Ingredients:  

3 tablespoons of cocoa powder.  "camino" is my favorite, but any kind will do.

2-3 tablespoons of sugar.  *( I like to put in 2, then make the '3rd' tablespoon xylitol to lessen the sugar content just a little)

1 tablespoon of flour

3 tablespoons of milk

The white of one large egg (you could put the yolk in the fridge for french toast later, or freeze it for yolk including recipes in future use if you don't want to waste it... cats like 'em too)

1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract... or any extract you like really, you could have a chocolate mint cake, but from my experience, alcohol does not substitute for extract in this recipe... just a warning.

3 tablespoons chocolate chips.

Directions:

Blend the dry stuff together with a spoon.  Add the wet stuff.  Stir for 2 minutes quite vigorously.  Mix in half the chocolate chips, then sprinkle the rest on top.  You could just garnish with chips and ommit the ones mixed in, but I think they are like little melted gems of chocolate, why leave them out?  Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes depending on your microwave.  It should be a little lava cake like, but not liquid-y.  Enjoy while it is still hot.  Goes really nicely with whipped cream or cool whip.  Obviously serves 1

No comments:

Post a Comment